A woMANs dinner...

Who ever said RIBS and BBQ were for only men to cook up. Since my husband only cooks on the grill and not in the kitchen, and he was at work; I got to cook the ribs and chicken my way.

Lets start with the BBQ Chicken...

You will need:

-4-8 chicken breast or thighs( I had a bag of quarter chicken)
- 2 tbsp of EVOO
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 garlic powder or minced garlic
- 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning

This is what I used. You can certainly use any seasoning you want. I chose these because I was using some of the chicken the next day for dinner.

I de skinned the chicken quarters but I didn't separate them because I knew after I slow cooked them the meat would easily come of the bone.

I put the chicken in the slow cooker and covered them in the oil and seasonings and coated all the chicken pieces.

I put 1 cup of water to the cooker so the chicken would stay moist. I cooked it for 4hrs on high setting or 6-8 hrs on low setting.

Chicken should be moist and easily come off bone. Take chicken out and let cool for about 10 minutes before you pull/shred chicken. After, I placed the pulled chicken pieces in a bowl and added about 3/4 cup bbq sauce to coat pieces just enough to be a little moist. You can add more to your taste.

It's now ready to serve on a bun of your choice. The hubby and roommate loved them.


------------------------------------------------

Now for the Beef Ribs ( aka CaveMan ribs)

What you'll need:

-1-2 racks if beef or pork ribs
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1/4 cup of pre made dry rub or make your own
I used garlic powder, pepper, paprika and season all salt

Pre heat oven too *325

- Rub ribs with dry rub and EVOO and let sit while oven is preheating
- place on non stick baking sheet or line with foil
- bake for 2 1/2 hrs or until ribs are no longer pink in center

**for BBQ ribs**

45 minutes before the end of cooking take ribs out and coat both sides of rack with your choice of bbq sauce.

Place back in oven with meat side down and bake for 30 minutes.

Re coat ribs with sauce and bake for 15 minutes meat side up.

Let ribs rest for 5 minutes on cooking sheet and then cut and serve.

Enjoy... Lets just say these ribs were bone picked clean in about 2 minutes... LoL

Comments