Thrift store finds and a Roast




A few visits ago at our local Goodwill I found both this retro roasting pan and rackless roasting prongs. I'm pretty sure this pan is suppose to have a matching enamel lid but sadly it was not with it. Goodwill is a great place, I remember when we found a $120 Christmas train set for only $30. And at our last visit to the Goodwill Bargain Barn we got a used dresser for $2, I can't wait to show you what I did with that. Oddly enough that same day I was planning to cook a roast for dinner. So here's a recipe using my two finds. 



Ingredients:

1 - pre marinated pork roast 1.5-2lbs
6 - medium red potatoes (washed)
1 - medium onion
3 - large carrot sticks (peeled and washed)
-olive oil
-salt, pepper and garlic powder

You can use any pan or dish to bake this in, just remember to spray or rub the surface of the pan or dish with olive oil or cooking spray.



  1. Preheat oven to 450F.
  2. Take the pre marinated pork and insert the rackless roasting prongs into one side of the loin, evenly spaced so the pork doesn't touch the roasting pan. 
  3. Place pork in oven and cook for 15 minutes.




  4. In the meantime, prepare vegetables by coating them with salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil. I cut all the vegetables roughly the same size for even cooking.



  5. Remove roasting pan from oven; reduce oven to 350F.
  6. Place prepared vegetables around the meat.
  7. Put back in the oven and continue to cook for 40 minutes, or until done. Pork is done cooking when internal temperature is between 145F and 160F.



  8. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
  9. Transfer roast to a cutting board; slice and serve with vegetables.

    I hope you enjoy this recipe, my husband really liked it.

Comments